Community Family Services of Ontario offers linguistically sensitive and culturally responsive counselling and family services to enhance the functioning and the quality of life of individuals and families.
Position Title: Counsellor / Psychotherapist
Position Type: 1 Full-Time position till March 2022, with possibility of extension
Start Date: IMMEDIATE
Supervised by: Clinical Services Manager
- Provide individual, couple, and family counselling based on evidence-based assessment and treatment. Provide crisis intervention, psychoeducation, and evaluation to clients.
- Provide psychoeducation in group settings.
- Conduct external referrals by matching client needs with available community resources as appropriate.
- Document assessment, intervention, client interactions, referral correspondences, clinical consultations, education, safety planning, outreach, in precise and concise English and in a timely manner, according to college, funder, and accreditation requirements.
- Liaise with referral sources and funder liaison as directed.
- Support clients through transitions and housing application processes
- Work day and evening shifts in a roster with the rest of the team.
- Support the Clinical Services Manager with external liaison and program development needs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined in agency privacy and confidentiality policy.
- Other duty/assignment as reasonably assigned by Clinical Services Manager and/or Executive Director.
- University degree at the Bachelors level or above in Social Work, Counselling, or Mental Health.
- Eligibility for membership in Good Standing with a relevant governing body.
- At least 2 years of clinical experience in an institutional setting.
- Knowledge and experience of working with domestic violence, trauma work, mental health, couple and family therapy, brief therapy model.
- Knowledge of, sensitivity in, and commitment to serve the Chinese community in Ontario.
- Familiar with community resources to support clients experience domestic violence
- Fluency in Verbal & Written English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese). Vietnamese an asset.
- Adaptability to commute to locations in the GTA, York Region and Peel Region.
- Proficiency in MS Office software programs and usage of Internet.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Willingness to work days / evenings, and occasional weekends as required.
- Student mentorship skills an asset.
- Clearance from a Vulnerable Sector Police Screening.