Community Family Services of Ontario is recognized as the premier provider of family services to support our community, where all families live in a safe and harmonious environment.
Community Family Services of Ontario helps build a safe and harmonious community by providing professional counselling, settlement, disabilities, and special needs services to individuals and families in need.
- By improving efficiency of use of resources
- By trialing social enterprise strategies & implementing fee-for-service in a gradual and sensitive way
Strengthen, enhance, and expand services primarily to individuals and families of Asian backgrounds affected by a variety of vulnerabilities
- By conducting community outreach and public education
- By developing new service modalities for clients with needs in mental health, behavioural addictions, trauma, settlement, disabilities, and special needs
- By improving the role definitions, productivity, and quality of service
- By developing new skills to address the emerging needs in the community
- By positioning as the leading Asian provider and opinion leader in mental health, psychotherapy, counselling, family service, settlement service, disabilities and special needs services in Ontario
- By positioning as advocate for the Asian community on mental health, counselling, psychotherapy, family service, settlement service, disabilities and special needs services
Annual Report 2019/2020
Annual Report 2018/2019
|2019||English name changed to “Community Family Services of Ontario”
Chinese name changed to「家和」
Headquarter moved to 4051 Gordon Baker Road, Unit A, Scarborough, ON M1W 2P3
Launch of the Disabilities and Special Needs Program
|2012||Chinese name changed to「家和專業輔導中心」|
|2007||Received first Certificate of Accreditation from Canadian Family Services Accreditation Program (CFSAP) by Family Service Ontario|
|2001||Name changed to Chinese Family Services of Ontario|
|1989||Registered as a Charitable Organization|
|1988||Chinese Family Life Services of Metro Toronto Incorporated|
|1986||Chinese Family Life Services project initiated by the Association of Chinese Canadian social Workers|
No event found!